Quantcast
  • If you are having problems logging in please use the CONTACT US in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Which DSLR would you buy?

cowroy

Reaction score
Looking for a DSLR camera that also shoots HD video. Got any suggestions?

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Looking for a DSLR camera that also shoots HD video. Got any suggestions?

Do you have any lenses, already?

I started with Canon and have stayed there because of the lenses, but what I know about photography could fit in a thimble.

Last edited:

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Reaction score
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
I bought the bride a cannon and a few lenses....it takes great pictures but one word of caution........IMHO a so-so camera with a great lens will be far better than a great camera with a POS lens.....like hunting rifles, don't scrimp on optics.......

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Also, remember that you can buy grey market equipment. It's cheaper, but does not carry a US warranty.

I've had good luck with www.bhphotovideo.com.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Reaction score
Don't really think there's a way to go wrong in the DSLR game. I love my Nikon. I see plenty of pics out of Canon that I like. Heard good things about Sony. Probably like a saw, go pick them up and see what you like about each one the most.

cowroy

Reaction score
No, I don't have any lenses. This is a new thing for me. I have read a lot about it, but have yet to take the plunge. I am not brand partial. Thanks for the reply's. I totally know what you mean about the good optics on rifles and will keep it in mind when I get a camera.

mdavlee

How the heck did this take so long?
Reaction score
I have a canon T2i. I would like to go to a metal bodied but the price tag sucks. The lenses will make more difference than the body. Don't be afraid of a good used body and lenses. Cameraland NY is a good place to shop and they take trade ins. There is also a place in TN that rents DSLR and lenses. You'll have to google for it since I can't remember the website right off. We've taken 15-20k pictures with ours so far.

mweba

Reaction score
Glass glass glass. Currently have a D3100 (entry level) and it takes stunning pics with the proper lens. Been saving for a d7100.....

cowroy

Reaction score
Would it be better to buy a body only and then find a good lens, or would a kit lens suffice for a while?

mdavlee

Reaction score
Depends on what you want to photo. I haven't bought any real expensive glass yet either. We use a 70-300 for long distance and landscape stuff and the lens that came with the t2 for other closer work. I do want an ultra wide angle for the next trip out west.

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Depends on what you want to photo. I haven't bought any real expensive glass yet either. We use a 70-300 for long distance and landscape stuff and the lens that came with the t2 for other closer work. I do want an ultra wide angle for the next trip out west.

White lenses are where it's at. :D

mdavlee

Reaction score
White lenses are where it's at. :D

If you're made of money. If you think saws are expensive then the camera stuff is going to really scare you. There's a lot of good looking cameras on craigslist near you Justin. May be a way to get more bang for your buck.

mweba

Reaction score
If you're made of money. If you think saws are expensive then the camera stuff is going to really scare you. There's a lot of good looking cameras on craigslist near you Justin. May be a way to get more bang for your buck.

Yeah, glass is crazy expensive..... Says something in and of its self. Time and Craigslist are your friend. I didn't end up with a BP and three minty 8800's cause I'm loaded..

Latest posts