Who Likes Linux?

Jonsered

Jul 30, 2012
Beech Bluff, Tennessee
I'm a digital immigrant. They had Apple II's when I was in school, but they also had three hundred girls. I never really learned. I always liked the turnkey platform stuff that you know works--or does it ????

Had a couple XP boxes to hand down to the teenage daughters. I figured I'd just run the restore discs and freshen them up. I'm a mechanical guy. Stuff like new hard drives and fans is a piece of cake--I enjoy that end of it. But when the software has a bug...Well...

So I downloaded Linux Zorin OS 6 on a disc and put it on those two systems. So far so good. This is fascinating. Open source is cool. Makes me want to learn so I can contribute.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Never really dabbled much with Linux.

For years I used pirated copies of Windows and when that got insanely old I switched to Mac in 2006. Been using a MacBook ever since.

I sometimes hear that Linux' user interface is much like Windows XP, dunno how true that is, but I woudn't really know one way or another....

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Personally have trouble programming my alarm clock so I'll leave that to the pro's. Funny enough I was in the first class (94) accepted for apple programming locally. To bad I had WAY to much fun shortly after high school to remember any of it :rock:

Linux tablet in the pawn shop today, kicked around picking it up due to this thread.

Reactions: 1 person