Who owns the first saw they ever ran?

parrisw

Jan 9, 2012
BC, Canada
Sweet! Mine is a Craftsman 2.3. or Poulan SD25. Was my dads saw, I remember when I ran it. He topped the boarder trees in our old house, they were all laying on the ground and I asked if I could cut them up, never had ran a saw before, he said yes go for it. Man was I excited. I'll never forget that, and I'll never get rid of that saw.

Reactions: 3 people

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Sweet! Mine is a Craftsman 2.3. or Poulan SD25. Was my dads saw, I remember when I ran it. He topped the boarder trees in our old house, they were all laying on the ground and I asked if I could cut them up, never had ran a saw before, he said yes go for it. Man was I excited. I'll never forget that, and I'll never get rid of that saw.
Same sentiment here. Also remember my first tree like it was yesterday. Stump is still there......... Man I butchered it lol.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Kinda sorta, but not really.

It's the 2nd saw I've run.

My dad had an old remington, tiny little thing. Before the days of the boomin' saw community, it needed a pullcord (2000-2001ish). I had just got my tax return and my dad told me to stop by a hardware store and pickup a short piece of rope. I went to Chase-Pitkin (originally a local home and garden center owned by Wegmans, now out of business) and I picked him up a brand new 46cc Poulan. came home and he asked me if I picked up a pullcord. I answered yes, and it's funny cuz I wasn't actually lying, lol. He asked where it was and I said it was in the trunk. He was beyond confused with why I would put a short piece of rope in the trunk of my car. I went around and opened the trunk up and he was extremely surprised to say that least. Cut a lot of wood with that saw. Still have it. A few months before he died he asked me if I wanted it back because there was prolly no chance of him running it anytime soon. I told him "Heck yeah!". Needs a little bit of muffler work but it's a great little saw. Love me them 46cc chassis.... :yup:

Reactions: 7 people

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
Kind of. Dad had a homelite super e-z that he had since new. Years ago before I knew what a saw was, I was a bit of an entrepreneur, and burned it up cleaning yards. Took it all apart, and tossed it. Years later from a member on AS I bought a running sper e-z and gave it to dad. I know it's not the one and only, but it's the saw. He talked/talks about it all the time, about how much wood he cut with that saw over the years. So we have the replacement e-z. He likes it, happy to have another e-z in the garage. He thought I'd forgotten about it :)

Reactions: 4 people

parrisw

Jan 9, 2012
BC, Canada
Kind of. Dad had a homelite super e-z that he had since new. Years ago before I knew what a saw was, I was a bit of an entrepreneur, and burned it up cleaning yards. Took it all apart, and tossed it. Years later from a member on AS I bought a running sper e-z and gave it to dad. I know it's not the one and only, but it's the saw. He talked/talks about it all the time, about how much wood he cut with that saw over the years. So we have the replacement e-z. He likes it, happy to have another e-z in the garage. He thought I'd forgotten about it :)
Pretty cool thing to do!!

thomas1

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Staff member
Oct 22, 2012
Fredericksburg, Va
Dido. Sold it years ago, by chance purchased it in a large lot of saws without knowing. Resides on the shelf to this day.

sxla btw
FWIW, he said saw, not album. But I see what you did there. :D

[video=youtube_share;1TO48Cnl66w]http://youtu.be/1TO48Cnl66w[/video]

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
Still got the 028 wood boss bought new in 84 when I was 12... It has been rebuilt once and has plenty of tape on the handles...
It was my responsibility to provide firewood for our house. I had a good uncle who supplied the place to cut, and did the hauling till I turned 16 and could use my truck...
I'll never sell it...

I don't have the first saw I ever ran at around 14-15 years of age but I have three just like it .It was a 250 McCulloch .

I do however have the first and only new saw ever which is an orange painted version of the afore mentioned S-25 Poulan marketed by Dayton electric motor co.It was 1974-75 on sale for 139.95 when the green painted Poulan was 169 .All I could afford at the time at about 5 bucks an hour .I probabley got my money back from selling firewood in less than two weeks at 60 a cord .

Attachments

Hedgerow

Mizzurruh Saw Gangsta
Staff member
Jan 10, 2012
I don't have the first saw I ever ran at around 14-15 years of age but I have three just like it .It was a 250 McCulloch .

I do however have the first and only new saw ever which is an orange painted version of the afore mentioned S-25 Poulan marketed by Dayton electric motor co.It was 1974-75 on sale for 139.95 when the green painted Poulan was 169 .All I could afford at the time at about 5 bucks an hour .I probabley got my money back from selling firewood in less than two weeks at 60 a cord .
And all good first saws must have black tape on the handle somewhere...
It's the only thing holding the old 028 together...:facepalm:

srcarr52

Feb 11, 2013
IOWA
How many of those units did Poulan sell in various colors???
It had to be millions...
It was enough that instead of buying parts I just buy 2 more saws. They're so small you can fit 4-5 in one box, which is great because then the wife doesn't even know how many I have!

Those danged things will blister your hand if you don't wear gloves which I don't so the tape which has been on there about 30 years .Yeah they are cheap even a runner .The green one in the picture I have 20 in and the one on my bench which needs attention about 35 including the shipping .

I bought the bench one for my wifes cousin who has a bad back and can't handle much over about an 026 in size .It has worked well for him for 4 years until he removed the sponge air filter and it swallowed a big seed of some sort .It might have sprung the reed valve .

mt.stalker

Jan 2, 2013
My dd bought a Remmy PL-5 , sometime around 1970 . It heated our house for many years . I cut my teeth on it , and still have it . It runs strong to this day .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TK TK owns a Stihl that runs! Chainsawz 26
cat-face timber Loaner saw Chainsawz 21
cat-face timber Husky 350 Project Saw Wanted 11
trx250r180 Three Saw Plan Chainsawz 78
maulhead Blue Makita Crankcase, For A 6400 - 7900 Type Saw Wanted 0
cat-face timber Tuning A Saw Chainsawz 10
Mike from Maine :update: On The Only Jms Saw Known To Be Still Running Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 164
cat-face timber Cft Saw Repair Chainsawz 62
M Ht 75 Stihl Pole Saw. Runs And I Deal No Power Chainsawz 6
stihl sawing Are you a saw worshipper Chainsawz 17
cat-face timber Saw build question Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 10
dieselfitter Saw comparison videos Chainsawz 7
N The latest thing in saw performance , saw owners going wild !! Chainsawz 21
cat-face timber How to start a saw Chainsawz 43
C what the heck happened to the saw builders on as? Chainsawz 67
DefinitiveDave Sticky: all mattering super important complete saw rebuild demonstration video Chainsawz 11
axlr8 Want to buy a MS260 Parts Saw. Wanted 0
rocketnorton why would a saw be stored like this? Chainsawz 21
TIMBERGHOST Comp. hot saw Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 9
cat-face timber Hey DSS What Saw would you use to fell this tree? The Razorback Lounge 15
H 2 H Starting a saw Chainsawz 3
cbfarmall Remington Bantam parts saw Wanted 1
Black Dog Chainsaw Need a 123-143 dolmar chassis saw Wanted 0
cjcocn Metal band saw $120 Hawgz Garage 62
cat-face timber Saw suggestion opinion wanted Chainsawz 12
cat-face timber How did a video of me using my SAW get put on the interwebs? The Razorback Lounge 4
B Ported saw wanted... For Sale 11
Hoggwood Loaner Saw? Chainsawz 48
Genius What's the most you lost on a saw? Chainsawz 20
sawjunky23 Poulan Pro Project saw. Wanted 2
David Young Used saw for more than retail Wanted 11
nhlogga I saw the new deere L series skidders Hawgz Back 40 23
C Saw running backwards? Chainsawz 9
Freehand I Saw A Ghost Today The Razorback Lounge 79
jimdad07 Lombard saw, looking for a carb kit Chainsawz 6
T Cub Cadet saw fer parts For Sale 6
Barneyrb Poulan 3450/3750/3500/3600 complete saw Wanted 3
T Partner 750 demo saw For Sale 23
IEL 200t box'O saw For Sale 21
T TS700 demo saw , 99cc monster ! For Sale 10
N Looking for good Husky saw project Wanted 4
jughead got this lil saw for sale The Razorback Lounge 8
ProMac For Sale: McCulloch 82cc saw and a lot of parts For Sale 659
komatsuvarna Sell Stihl 046 parts saw or parts For Sale 11
DefinitiveDave customer wondered why this saw stopped running Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 8
M Husky 350 parts saw or parts Wanted 0
C Chain Saw Industry magazines Chainsawz 1
DefinitiveDave Dave's winter saw build Woodz Porting & Saw Buildz 41
A Another small saw Chainsawz 6
greendohn Stihl Warranty, Replaces Saw,,56cc(I think) Chainsawz 25