Wiggz 346 ex pee build!

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Well I better get to building....

First off, I'm slooooow, so it might take me a while. Also, I've never even pulled the jug on a 346, much less ported one, so this is new territory for me. Could prove to be quite interesting.....

Sure is nice workin on a clean saw. I'm not used to that at all.

First things first...and yes, that is the kitchen island :)

Ahhh....much better!!

Yep, there's a piston in there...

And muff mod TK style, well, minus the spark screen lol!

I'll get the muffler done up and post some pics and get it in some wood for a baseline. Expect more pics an a vid shortly :)

StumpysCustoms

Pot-Bellied Pig!
Jan 10, 2012
Its all good, I heard he had a suck-back-preventer.
The flapper!!!!

I have yet to build a 346 either. been into a couple of 350's that turned out pretty good.
I did have a lil birdie ask me about buildin a brand new j-red.:yougo:

Wigglesworth

Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Jungle love baby....jungle love....

I've had real good results using this type of muffler mod on the early smaller huskys, so I figured I'd give her a whirl on this one. I will say this, these mufflers are incredibly hard to weld on. I've welded a bunch of mufflers, and none of em wanted to burn thru as bad as this one did. Not sure why either??

Wigglesworth

Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
LOL. I usually use a pipe too, but never made it that long and aim right at the ex port. My 372 has a single 1" opening, and its pretty loud.
Id say yours is loud, LOL. 1" pipe is a doozy of an opening. This is just a piece of 1/2 EMT conduit. The original opening is probably 3/8 of an inch, but right on top under the cover, and will scorch the crap out of the top cover near instantly. Dumb they put it there, but it is what it is.

Wigglesworth

Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Looks good. I see u got the picture posting figured out. :thumbsup:

Im going to try to slap this muffler on tomorrow some time, and might even get to gas her up and start it. :D

Still gotta get that freaking clutch off so I can put a 3/8 rim on it. Hopefully I can get it off without buying the tool...