Window Cleaning

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Feb 6, 2013
Or in TK's case.....window licking......:retarded2:

I noticed the windows on my new METEOR piston for my 044 were smaller than the MAHLE windows.
So I took it upon meself to open them up a wee bit.

Did I do alright guys?

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Feb 6, 2013
What's the difference in $$ vs oem?
About $119 difference after taxes and shipping.
That is of course if the PN# was still avail.
The 10mm pin piston became NLA around 2009 according to Grande Dog.
OEM price of piston kit was around $167. This was $39.99.

Reactions: 1 person

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
Yeah I have a hard time ever justifying an OEM Stihl Piston, even at my dealer cost.
The most I ever do is OEM rings and a meteor piston, I can get the Meteors at
a little more than the junk pistons on ebay so it's a no brainer.

You did a good job on cleaning them up but not going hog wild like I've
seen some guys do.

Reactions: 2 people

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Feb 6, 2013
Yeah I have a hard time ever justifying an OEM Stihl Piston, even at my dealer cost.
The most I ever do is OEM rings and a meteor piston, I can get the Meteors at
a little more than the junk pistons on ebay so it's a no brainer.

You did a good job on cleaning them up but not going hog wild like I've
seen some guys do.
I saw pics of what could happen if too much material was taken from the bridge and considered the possible outcome. I believe it was a saw Stumpy had built?

I have everything I need to put her back together. Now I just gotta find time to get over to my buddies place to use his press.

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
I saw pics of what could happen if too much material was taken from the bridge and considered the possible outcome. I believe it was a saw Stumpy had built?

I have everything I need to put her back together. Now I just gotta find time to get over to my buddies place to use his press.
Just use a big dead blow hammer. :anonymous:

Reactions: 1 person

jacob j.

When I let my hair down, my friends call me Dick C
Jan 9, 2012

I did that once on an 046 that I was putting an 038 Magnum piston in. I lightened the piston way too much. It grenaded and took out the crank and crankcase. Amazingly, the cylinder was unscathed other than a small divot in one of the bottom transfers.

Adirondackstihl

Photobucket Allstar
Feb 6, 2013
I did that once on an 046 that I was putting an 038 Magnum piston in. I lightened the piston way too much. It grenaded and took out the crank and crankcase. Amazingly, the cylinder was unscathed other than a small divot in one of the bottom transfers.
I should be fine here. I didn't go crazy. Just trying to gain a tad bit of charge flow.
Compared to the MAHLE , there is still more meat on the Meteor.

JJ......if you jinx Christine, she will hunt you down....remember that!!!