Wish me luck

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Weird Uncle Willie's basement
It's been a while since I had to drop any trees, normally I cut stuff already down in my woods. Well this weekend a guy asked if I wanted a locust tree, he said if I stop it and cut it up he will clear the brush.

So Genius is off to drop his first tree in quite some time......

wish me luck

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Got the sum beech on the ground, I'll cut it up tomorrow

No busted up saw or bent bar.

I have cut a fair amount of locust, but nothing like this tree. This one has thorns all over it. The locust I'm used to cutting will have patches of thorns on it. Not this tree.

Oh well, it's locust, It'll be worth it.

The guy said when I'm done with this one he has a bit if Osage Orange for me to clean up.

Reactions: 1 person

Genius

The Brink of Destruction
Nov 18, 2012
Got it on the ground? That should take maybe 3 cuts. What you gonna do, take 6 months of daily work to cut that beeastid up?? :farkyou: :banana:
Got one of them on the ground, tomorrow night I'll cut it up and split it and take it home. I just wanted it on the ground so I knew where to park my trailer tonight. It's just my luck that I would unhook the trailer and come tomorrow when I head out with the gator and splitter the trailer would be parked right where the tree was going to land.

i had to get home and get my splitter going, it needed a carb cleaning...

Barneyrb

razorback sympathizer
Jul 10, 2013
North of the Coonazz line but still in Louis
Osage Orange is also known as Bois D'Arc (pronounced Bo Dark) and Iron Wood here. This area has a semi-heavy Native American history and Bois D'Arc is french for "Bow Wood" and that is what the Indians were making their bows from when the French arrived here.........

History lesson over for the day.......gfy...........

trx250r180

The Junk Peddler
Staff member
May 7, 2013
Got one of them on the ground, tomorrow night I'll cut it up and split it and take it home. I just wanted it on the ground so I knew where to park my trailer tonight. It's just my luck that I would unhook the trailer and come tomorrow when I head out with the gator and splitter the trailer would be parked right where the tree was going to land.

i had to get home and get my splitter going, it needed a carb cleaning...

um the tree is "supposed" to land in the direction you put your face cut :splitting:

:lmfao:

DSS

Steps right, throws right. Swings both ways.
Jan 10, 2012
Canada; where men are men and Cjcocn is a midget
Osage Orange is also known as Bois D'Arc (pronounced Bo Dark) and Iron Wood here. This area has a semi-heavy Native American history and Bois D'Arc is french for "Bow Wood" and that is what the Indians were making their bows from when the French arrived here.........

History lesson over for the day.......gfy...........
Tl;dr. GFY

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikeypizano The ruin a wish game The Razorback Lounge 51