Word is Blount / Oregon chain / bars has been sold

nitehawk55

Jan 28, 2014
SW Ontario
Got this today from My Husky dealer , I guess the regional manager said that was the word . Sort of makes you wonder with Husky soon releasing it's own chain and bars . They were a large part of their sales .

I would wonder who would buy them , Echo maybe ?

olyman

Jan 7, 2014
when co's are small.. they produce quality...and after they get larger, the quality, MAY start to suffer. when they get sold out,, it damn well does.. cant imagine what for trash will hit the markets after this latest exchange....money counts,, quality, not so much....

Reactions: 2 people

nitehawk55

Jan 28, 2014
SW Ontario
I'll bet Oregon saw chain and bars are not going to be doing much after losing sales to Husky soon , it's going to hurt sales , quality and lead to layoffs and production will likely go to China or some other off shore company who they think will raise their profits . Be interesting to see what happens down the road .

olyman

Jan 7, 2014
There is a lot more companies than just Oregon that Blount controls.
Two of the main investors bought out all the controlling stocks. And are taking it back a privately owned company.
that be good,,but carlton wont be there any more,,,,

fossil

Nov 2, 2013
Southern Ontario
Look at the bright side, I don't think the Chinese are capable of making a chittier bar than Oregon is curantly making.
You can melt those bars and put them on your pizza.

If the Husky chain factory is up and running. they are very quiet about it.

If those guys screw up the company the chain and bar options will be limited. Not that Stihl would take advantage of that or anything.

Reactions: 3 people

Sty57

Bucked up fucket pics
Sep 11, 2014
Land of Cheese & Beer
plus.google.com
This is a list of the parent companies that Blount owns. You have to break it down from there. It's a lot bigger than just bars and chains.

Carlton, Oregon, Woods Equipment, Kox, Tisco, Speeco, and ICS brands.

nitehawk55

Jan 28, 2014
SW Ontario
I'm always suspicious of buy outs when they say it won't effect the workers.....usually ends up being BS .

My dealer thinks we'll see the Husky chain soon .

Reactions: 3 people

stihl023/5

BoobsRus
Jul 31, 2013
I'm always suspicious of buy outs when they say it won't effect the workers.....usually ends up being BS .

My dealer thinks we'll see the Husky chain soon .
I have never seen a buy out that didn't have some form of trickle down effect.

Sty57

Bucked up fucket pics
Sep 11, 2014
Land of Cheese & Beer
plus.google.com
Woods bought the place I work at years ago.
That place was originally owned by a good friend of mine parents.
Then Woods changed hands a bunch of times from then on.

It was all different investment brokers then. Blount was the first company that has owned us in a long time.

Reactions: 6 people

fossil

Nov 2, 2013
Southern Ontario
Maybe this time it will be for the best, I hope. If they have any sense at all they won't degrade the product or they won't last long.

It looks like they figure recovery will be a while until the US dollar weakens. Trump or Hilary should be able to unwittingly tackle that in short order.