Yard Brooms

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
One of the best investments a guy can make. Uses from dethatching, rock removal, moving sand and snow.

Made a quick video of the Shinny although I have the Husky version as well. Video of that also....but I'm lazy and don't want to search for it :p

[video=youtube_share;xK-INWBBqJA]http://youtu.be/xK-INWBBqJA[/video]

Reactions: 2 people

BloodOnTheIce

~Ice Gangsta~
Jan 10, 2012
Parts Unknown
We've sold them even to school grounds for fluffing sand in long jump pits.
Town sheds use them for squeegeeing water under plow trucks.

Great tools with 1001 uses.

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
Yessir! Not very much though.

The little we have, I make the wife take care of it, lol. :)

[video=youtube;m2V2f4EbW1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2V2f4EbW1g[/video]

Dougs

Nov 4, 2012
I was selling the Jonsered models now the new distributor doesnt have them and just found out. Bummer could have sold some already. On the lookout now for another brand . Gonna see if I can adapt some new bottoms to the DOLMAR trimmers . :banghead:

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I was selling the Jonsered models now the new distributor doesnt have them and just found out. Bummer could have sold some already. On the lookout now for another brand . Gonna see if I can adapt some new bottoms to the DOLMAR trimmers . :banghead:
I think the only thing that differs is the size of the shaft tube and the type of actual driveshaft. The housing/gearbox and broom assembly is under patent and are all the same - to my knowledge. I've seen a couple of different Stihl models but all the others have been the same that I've seen.

Dougs

Nov 4, 2012
Hi Tom, ya I have 2 bottoms here and it looks like a 7 spline shaft slides in the gear box. I also noticed there is a shim bushing in it so the tube size is somewhat flexible. Might have some going before days out. 2 people so far today looking for brooms! UGH. Wish I knew Jonsered was going to leave us out to dry like this. doug

Dougs

Nov 4, 2012
OK I will , I should have thought about that. Mon - Sat ? U open. Huskys correct is what ur brooms r ?

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
I think Lowe's has the 224L? The 324LDx (they don't always show the x) is the split shaft. There are only 2 4stroke options from Husky, the 224L trimmer and 324LD split.

TK

Hand Rubbed Pork
Jan 9, 2012
Maine
www.tkpowerequipment.com
To get set up with the broom you're looking at $420ish for the powerhead (comes with trimmer attach) and $300ish for the broom. Sweet setup, it's what I use.

You might be able to buy just the sweeper head for your Stihl Jason, without the attachment shaft. Just have to swap out the heads, gearbox and all. Save you some cash.

Reactions: 4 people

Guido Salvage

Nov 18, 2012
Heart of the Bluegrass
To get set up with the broom you're looking at $420ish for the powerhead (comes with trimmer attach) and $300ish for the broom. Sweet setup, it's what I use.

You might be able to buy just the sweeper head for your Stihl Jason, without the attachment shaft. Just have to swap out the heads, gearbox and all. Save you some cash.
I have a Shindaiwa PB-27 here if anyone is interested. Will need a carb kit I am sure, but you can have it for far less than a new unit.