Z24

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I can't believe I haven't posted pics of this car yet. I've been meaning to.

Goofy as heck I guess be it my summer car is a 92 Cavalier, but I can't stop loving the crap out of it.

:D

:broccoli: :cucumber:

Reactions: 1 person

mweba

Jan 10, 2012
Iowa
Is that car real? How the heck is it so clean? I would so drive that. They knew how to make comfortable seats in those days.

Has many good features, ABS, fuel injection and a foot activated shifter safety.

Reactions: 1 person

Wigglesworth

autotune gives me a pop-up
Jan 9, 2012
West Kentucky
Freakin awesome!!

My buddy had a 93 z26(?) beretta with the same motor, same color and what looks like the same wheels. That thing was wicked fast. I almost died in that car a couple times. Lol

Reactions: 3 people

WoodChuck'r

HNIC
Staff member
Jan 8, 2012
Upstate NY - Southern Tier
I got it in the fall of '06. It had 119k miles on it when I bought it, now it's around 150k. I store that pig every winter too. :yup:

I dont' have the time to work on it's couple of issues, so it's in the shop currently. There was this weird knocking sound in the front end, been there for a while now, since last spring. I checked a lot of things and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I replaced the balljoints, tie rods, upper strut bearing mounts, control arm bushings, sway bar end links, a bunch of stuff. Still knocked around. Sounds drove me completely insane. Took it in finally a couple weeks ago. Turns out there's two motor mounts and two tranny mounts, and all 4 were broken......!!! :eek:

The knocking around in the front end I kept hearing was the engine resting on the exhaust. If the exhaust fell out for any reason the engine would have gone with it! :eek2:

Kinda glad that's being taken care of. Makes sense I couldn't find the issue though, that motor is pretty damn heavy, getting that knocking sound to occur at stand stil while under the car would have been impossible.

jrepairsk70e

any name [cept shithead]
Jan 10, 2012
Ulser County N.Y.
You're so mean. Always throwing personal attacks at me. One more and ima whack you with the ban hammer.
BE fair !!!!!!!!!I called you a big dummy the udder day ....so you gots to threaten me with whacks toooo!!!:whatthehell::stirthepot::rolleyes::balloongroup:

Troy G

Jan 10, 2012
Jason, nice ride. My first car was Z24, bought a 1990 in 92. I paid 8000 cash for it and it had 42500 km on it. I was so proud of that car. I spent an obscene amount on a custom competition stereo system a couple of years later. I had very few problems with the car up until 2007 when I had heating issues and burning anti-freeze, head gasket, and I did not fix the car. I went to move the car several months ago and it took some cranking and then fired right up. I can drive the car 6 miles at time as that is how long it takes the car to heat. Car has around 265,000 km on it. Do you need a KN air filter for yours. You can have mine.